Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Different Translation & Different Style.

   So I just finish reading another translator: Ferro Chapter 1 Part 1 & 2 Volume 3 (Thank you.) I guess I should stop translating since he already have this updated onto google drive. But I notice his style and is translating from Chinese to English, while I'm translating from Japanese to English. I'm translating from sentence to sentence, while sometime will mix the paragraph for better understanding. However, I will stay true to translate them sentence by sentence most of time, so you can sort of understanding the book, instead of rearranging information. So basically, I'll stay toward my translating from JP to English, and still post them here. You can read them or you can choose not to read them. I guess acting like a child: "this is my blog, I post what I want."

7 comments:

  1. That's will be a little weird to have 2 translators (and more if i count Sene9ty who have maybe join Sky and Ferro) who translate the same things. Isn't better if you start from the vol.4? There don't have a chinese version and that will take some time before that sky catch up.
    And like you said it's your blog, you can post what you want. This is just my opinion and i'm sorry if that's bother you. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'm translating from Chinese, I can be done in a week or less for the full book, since I'm Chinese. I'm doing this cuz I want to do it in Japanese. Also, it help me improve my translating skill, and I can cross reference with other translation for increase accuracy purpose.. You can just read it on Ferro site, or sky for theirs. No hard feeling.

    Also, by no way is my translation official translate, since I'm doing all the editing, and asking other co-worker for reference. This is just a fully fan translation, done by me, and maybe wify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ty vm before

      just cant wait for ur full translation ^^ b

      hungry for more overlord

      Delete
  3. here your request from animesuki 1-3 overlord in Chinese http://lknovel.lightnovel.cn/mobile/vollist/1474.html?charset=big5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry could anyone give me the link to Ferro's volume 3 chap 1 parts 1 and 2?

    ReplyDelete